Xbox 360 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox 360 Forums, Game Reviews & More

X3F AracdeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Living underground

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nate
Management
Management
Nate

Number of posts : 649
Console : Xbox 360
Favorite Game : Oblivion
My GamerTag : 0
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Living underground Empty
PostSubject: Living underground   Living underground Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 1:56 pm

I thought this was a cool read. I found this while searching for information on DULCE and Area 19 (top secret government bases).

Living underground would have its advantages and disadvantages. It'd be pretty awesome to work around the clock, not worrying about tornados, that kind of thing. But I would think your internal clock would get messed up if you can't tell what time of day it is. You wouldn't know whether to sleep or go to work or eat dinner!

This is very interesting. As far as I can tell, the author of this is Jason Bishop. I got the article from here : Email me for this link.

Japan, dense and overcrowded, is giving serious thought to living underground. They are planning to build underground sewage plants, underground railroads, and underground cities. According to a recent issue of Omni, The Taisei Corporation is planning to build a subterranean mall called "Alice City." There would be underground stores, offices, hotels, theaters, and sports arenas. Strolling spaces would meander through interior spaces populated with trees, birds, fish tanks, bridges, and waterfalls. The Shimizu Corporation has a blueprint for constructing an underground grid that would span 2,000 square miles underneath Tokyo. This grid would contain a number of commercial centers connected by subway trains that could shuttle workers to and from work.          

According to science-writer Isaac Asimov, there are advantages to living underground. For one thing, no one would worry about the weather. The temperature could be held at a fairly constant level, between 55 and 60 degrees F, and a lot of energy used for heating and cooling could be saved. Without the diurnal sun cycle, no one would know day from night. People could be working around the clock or playing around the clock, depending on their penchant. All transportation, communication, and housing could go underground, freeing the surface world from human trampling. The surface of the planet would have a few nice restaurants and recreation centers where people could observe clear blue skies, the returning planet and animal life, and have room for all to roam on a weekend hike. Earthquakes would cause only one-fifth the damage to underground structures that they cause to surface structures.
Back to top Go down
https://xbox360forum.forumotion.net
WellSpent187
WellSpent187

Number of posts : 192
Console : Xbox 360
Favorite Game : Black
My GamerTag : 0
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Living underground Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living underground   Living underground Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 2:16 pm

Wow...That is really cool...I'm super lazy so you should email me Nate...

Well_Spent10@yahoo.com

Thanks mang!
Back to top Go down

Living underground
Page 1 of 1