Xbox 360 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox 360 Forums, Game Reviews & More

X3F AracdeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shadowrun Review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
th3_void
th3_void

Number of posts : 421
Console : Xbox, Xbox 360, PC, NES, Atari, Genesis
Favorite Game : The first two F.E.A.R. games, and Bioshock
My GamerTag : 0
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 1:55 am

Okay, so you wanted it, here it is:

Shadowrun is a Tactical First Person Fantasy Sci-Fi Multiplayer Shooter. What little story the game has is simple: after 5,000 years, an ancient magic known as "essence". Two groups are competing for this magic: the Lineage, who believes the magic is for everyone, and the RNA, who wants to sell the magic to the highest bidder. Needless to say, war breaks out.

Using modern weaponry, technology, and magic, along with your instincts and your wits, you must defeat the other team. There are three game types.
1. Attrition: The two teams face off in a last-man-standing style fight.
2.Extraction:The two teams battle for the Artifact. In a nutshell: Capture the Flag.
3. Raid: The Lineage team attacks the RNA team to steal the Artifact.

Usually, a full game lasts for six rounds. Every player starts out with a given amount of cash, depending on their race. You may choose from four of these races: Human, Elf, Dwarf, and Troll. After each round, every player in the game receives (or loses) money for their participation in the match. The player can spend the money on Weapons, Spells, Tech, or he/she may give some of his/her money to a teammate. This adds a whole new level of teamwork to multiplayer games. The variety of spells, tech and weapons is spectacular, and the graphics are great. Though Shadowrun offers great multiplayer battles, replay-ability, and tactical strategies, the game is lacking in single-player. In fact, Shadowrun has no single-player or split screen at all. The only way to play Shadowrun is to fight against bots, or go on xbox live. Don't get me wrong though. The AI in Shadowrun is very impressive. The bots have the same abilities as you, and they know how to use them. I was amazed when I was fighting an elf, when he suddenly teleported behind me to gain better ground, and killed me. In my opinion, playing against the bots is a great way to learn new strategies. Xbox live gameplay is usually enjoyable, but it has its drawbacks as well. Because Shadowrun allows cross-platform gameplay with Windows Vista, the servers can be very laggy as a result of someone's slow computer. Overall, Shadowrun is a great multiplayer game and it compensates for its flaws. I would give Shadowrun a 7.5/10. I would have rated it at 8.5 or 9.0, if the makers of the game had taken the time to add single player or split screen multiplayer. Personally, I think Shadowrun is worth buying, but I would reccomend renting this one first to fully evaluate the game yourself before spending $60 on this multiplayer game.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Bob

Number of posts : 200
Console : Xbox 360
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy 7
Registration date : 2008-01-07

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 11:10 am

so its like counterstrike with magic?
Back to top Go down
th3_void
th3_void

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 11:28 am

I haven't played counterstrike, but i think so. its really cool. you can use teleportation, gliders, or even summon demons. like i said though, its all multiplayer, so that its only drawback, and the lagging sometimes.
Back to top Go down
MaxPayne
MaxPayne

Number of posts : 559
Console : XBOX 360
Favorite Game : MAXPAYNE 1 & 2
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 12:08 pm

Great review man!

It sounds like something I've played before. I think my brother and me played the demo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MaxPaynerunningshitin08.com
th3_void
th3_void

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 12:45 pm

yeah he played the demo. i think he said it was fun, but he got bored playing only one map. that was another thing i was dissapointed in. there are only like 10 maps. if its going to be multiplayer only, it should have more maps and gametypes. its fun though.
Back to top Go down
MaxPayne
MaxPayne

Number of posts : 559
Console : XBOX 360
Favorite Game : MAXPAYNE 1 & 2
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 1:29 pm

So yeah I did play it with him...It was pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MaxPaynerunningshitin08.com
efiwiuefh
Forum Visitor
Forum Visitor

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 2:00 am

Hey, I'm new. So if you don't know who I am, that's why. Anyway, I'd just like to say how great Shadowrun is - it's very replayable, a good laugh and very difforent to the other games these days. Surprised
Back to top Go down
th3_void
th3_void

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 5:53 pm

I agree. That's why I liked it so much. By the way, welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
efiwiuefh
Forum Visitor
Forum Visitor

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 10:10 am

Thanks Void Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadowrun Review
Page 1 of 1