Xbox 360 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox 360 Forums, Game Reviews & More

X3F AracdeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The new X-box Experience!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
th3_void
th3_void

Number of posts : 421
Console : Xbox, Xbox 360, PC, NES, Atari, Genesis
Favorite Game : The first two F.E.A.R. games, and Bioshock
My GamerTag : 0
Registration date : 2008-01-06

The new X-box Experience! Empty
PostSubject: The new X-box Experience!   The new X-box Experience! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 11:16 pm

First impressions anyone?

I think it's interesting, but I haven't messed with it enough to find out if it's good or not.
Back to top Go down
MaxPayne
MaxPayne

Number of posts : 559
Console : XBOX 360
Favorite Game : MAXPAYNE 1 & 2
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: The new X-box Experience!   The new X-box Experience! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:09 am

I like it a lot...I made my little character..haha

But like you I have really explored it too much. But I really like the new look. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.MaxPaynerunningshitin08.com
th3_void
th3_void

PostSubject: Re: The new X-box Experience!   The new X-box Experience! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 1:46 am

The only thing I don't like about the avatars is they remind me too much of the Wii avatars (even the name, Mii. That's not obvious!)
I think xbox should have come up with their own.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Management
Management
Nate

Number of posts : 649
Console : Xbox 360
Favorite Game : Oblivion
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: The new X-box Experience!   The new X-box Experience! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 7:46 am

Compadres=)

The site looks great guys, thanks a million for keeping watch while I've been..unavoidably detained...Rolling Eyes

I sincerely appreciate your work and your efforts, not only in my downtimes but overall. You guys make excellent mods.

I just wanted to drop in and say hello for now (and extend my sincerest gratitude to you both for stickin around!!), and I promise I will be back soon. I know I've said this many times but I still have something big planned for the future of this forum. I want to upgrade to a nicer forum. It'll make it easier for everybody. I haven't begun the transition yet but have begun the setup of our new board. You guys will love it and my ideas, but I'm reluctant to give any details until I really get the ball rolling for good.

Again, nice job guys. And thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://xbox360forum.forumotion.net
MaxPayne
MaxPayne

PostSubject: Re: The new X-box Experience!   The new X-box Experience! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 3:09 pm

Ahhh no sweat man!

Handle your business and can't wait to see the new place!

And no worries I'll keep a close eye on Mr. Void Smile LOL
Back to top Go down
th3_void
th3_void

PostSubject: Re: The new X-box Experience!   The new X-box Experience! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 12:59 am

Yeah, and I'll watch Max Payne lol.

Not a problem. It's good to see you around, and I can't wait for the new xbox360forum experience!
Back to top Go down
Nate
Management
Management
Nate

PostSubject: Re: The new X-box Experience!   The new X-box Experience! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 4:42 am

I can't wait to show you guys the new place and get moved over as well. There's still a lot of work to do on it so I'm not sure when I'll be able to actually start moving stuff over.

I'm sure you guys will appreciate our new features. We'll most likely be using ProBoards as our next forum. The stuff that comes standard on ProBoards is something that free editions of php would never have on it. The interfaces look sweet. Easy to use, professional looking and just overall pleasing to look at. As Mods, you'll like the warning system. Any member that's been given a warning will have it show up next to his name in the boards. Its super easy to disable an account for any number of days. As staff you can also leave notes for members in their profiles. I'm looking forward to having a fully integrated chat room also. Fully integrated means "not an eyesore" like the last garbage chat we had here before Rolling Eyes

Now for the biggest change...I'm thinking it will be primarily an Elder Scrolls site (remember Oblivion?) but will have everything and more that X3F offers (40% Elder Scrolls, 40% Other Xbox Stuff, and 20% Other Console Content). I know we won't be the identical site as we are now, and its absolutely up to you both if you even want to join or Moderate. I can guarantee it will be much less of a hassle though than this forum. ProBoards also has the option to upgrade to pay services so I can add on premium features (more space, features, better chat room, etc). That may be down the road a bit and you'll have to grin and bear the ugly Google ads for now, but its in the future!

If you've not heard, Elder Scrolls is planning a fifth game in their series (Oblivion was the fourth) and it could be here by September of 2009 or sometime in 2010. I haven't seen much of it (I've heard rumors it will be called Empire, but it could be a year and a half to two years away yet), just an unverified trailer and random gibberish from Google. Nevertheless, it'd be nice to get a great forum up that features the development of this upcoming massive multiplatform game. I'm going to network like crazy and get our name out there before any more news of this new game leaks.

And yes, I will finally do my Oblivion Ingredient Lists and Bestiary lol....and Max. If you haven't played Oblivion yet, try it. You might have to be an rpg type gamer to appreciate it, but Oblivion is an excellent story and worth getting at any price!!

Let me know what you guys think.
Back to top Go down
th3_void
th3_void

PostSubject: Re: The new X-box Experience!   The new X-box Experience! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 11:58 am

Sounds good to me! Unfortunately, I've been neglecting Oblivion in favor of Fable and Fallout 3, but I'll probably play it again sometime.

The new site sounds awesome, so I'm more than willing to make the big move to that site when it comes up!

You and max have to move the couch though.
Back to top Go down
MaxPayne
MaxPayne

PostSubject: Re: The new X-box Experience!   The new X-box Experience! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 1:23 pm

Awww man....lol (stupid couch)

Crap, I've never played Oblivion....FALLOUT 3 FTW!!!! lol
Back to top Go down
Nate
Management
Management
Nate

PostSubject: Re: The new X-box Experience!   The new X-box Experience! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 6:17 am

Ha, yeah Fallout3 and Fable II pretty much trump Oblivion these days lol Sad but Fallout3 is developed by Bethesda. Who made Oblivion. Smile

I've not had a chance yet to play either Fallout or Fable. I was really looking forward to getting Fallout. That's one of those games you just don't rent lol

I'm looking forward to having our same X3F boards in the new forum, so we can continue to talk about the newer games Smile and if you guys ever need an Oblivion fix...well, I'll have you more than well covered lol

All right Payne let's get this big ass couch out the door... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MaxPayne
MaxPayne

PostSubject: Re: The new X-box Experience!   The new X-box Experience! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:13 am

Nate wrote:

All right Payne let's get this big ass couch out the door... Very Happy

The new X-box Experience! Oreilly

lol
Back to top Go down
Nate
Management
Management
Nate

PostSubject: Re: The new X-box Experience!   The new X-box Experience! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 6:36 pm

Hey guys,

How is everybody? I just got a laptop and the net. Unfortunately, my Xbox 360 has suffered the RRoD. It was bound to happen so I'm not too upset about it. Let's just say I'm not buying electronics at Wal-Mart anymore, not sure why I bought a 360 at Wal-Mart in the first place...impulse buying, maybe.

Anybody here ever get the RRoD before? Has Microsoft fixed the system for free and returned it to you? How does one go about mailing this behemoth of a system anyway?

I hope you guys are doing well. I will be on more now that I have a PC.

Nate
Back to top Go down
MaxPayne
MaxPayne

PostSubject: Re: The new X-box Experience!   The new X-box Experience! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 11:22 pm

Hey Nate!

Yeah we just called MS and they sent us a box and 3 weeks we had a xbox. They sent it back pretty quick. We thought it would be like a month or something...lol and yeah for free.

I doing better...lol I got into a motorcycle accident on new years eve...bike got totaled but I'm alive. Had to type this with one had and it took forever...lol

Happy new year guys!!!
Back to top Go down
Nate
Management
Management
Nate

PostSubject: Re: The new X-box Experience!   The new X-box Experience! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 11:29 pm

Wow man I'm glad you're ok. Who cares about the bike. I'm glad you're alive! Happy new years! Smile
Back to top Go down
th3_void
th3_void

PostSubject: Re: The new X-box Experience!   The new X-box Experience! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 10:06 pm

Good to hear you're alright Max!

Sorry about your tragedy, Nate...
I had it happen before, but they changed out my power supply and sent it back very quickly. They also sent me two months of xbox live for free, to make up for the trouble. I was pretty happy with their service. It was definitely better than their phone tech support.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Management
Management
Nate

PostSubject: Re: The new X-box Experience!   The new X-box Experience! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 10:24 pm

Wow, that's great. I haven't experienced their tech support over the phone nor do I want to. Hmmm..out of the 3 of us, we've all had it Shocked that's a bit shocking
Back to top Go down
Espikikay
Lurker
Lurker

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The new X-box Experience!   The new X-box Experience! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 9:38 am

I'm liking it a lot! i personally know a lot people on my friend's list but for those i don't, the avatars give you a sense of who they are and what they look like. i think the NetFlix feature is great and i just signed up for an account. everything just looks better and easier from all angles.

At first I thought it was going to be stupid, but now that I see it, its awesome. The thing I like the most is that you can install your games to the hard drive so that your xbox doesn't make so much noise. The load times are almost the same though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new X-box Experience!   The new X-box Experience! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new X-box Experience!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Xbox 360 Forum :: Xbox 360 :: Xbox 360 Discussions-
Jump to: