Xbox 360 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox 360 Forums, Game Reviews & More

X3F AracdeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Movie games

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nate
Management
Management
Nate

Number of posts : 649
Console : Xbox 360
Favorite Game : Oblivion
My GamerTag : 0
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Movie games Empty
PostSubject: Movie games   Movie games Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 1:45 pm

The horribly made (for the most part) games that seem to disgrace the world of games.

Why are these games made?? I understand HOW they're made, but going back the past 5 years, looking at the good/bad movie games that have been released, we may find 1 good one. Maybe. All the others suck. And it seems every few months, hordes of the things come flying off developers' desks. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian! Hellboy! The Incredible Hulk! Did anybody ever expect these games to be even close to mediocre??

Even for the games target market, probably 13 year old fanboys of the said movies (I'm going out on a limb here and assuming the average 33 year old doesn't play Chronicles of Narnia, and if he does, its in his moms basement but that's besides my point), the games will probably start out to seem pretty cool. But even for a 13 year old hellraising fanatic of Hellboy, this crap is gonna start to get old. I guarantee you that the family dog went to sleep somewhere else by now.

Even the highly anticipated The Bourne Conspiracy doesn't seem that great. Cool, but not great. If these games are going to be absolutely junk everytime one of them comes out, they need to quit making them. Even young children that actually play these games will start to notice a pattern here about the infamous "movie game" saga.

I did just get a chance to play Ironman, and I actually kinda enjoyed myself. I'd give the game no more than a 6.5/10. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
https://xbox360forum.forumotion.net
WellSpent187
WellSpent187

Number of posts : 192
Favorite Game : Black
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Movie games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie games   Movie games Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 4:31 pm

I completely argee with everthing you say

***EXCEPT***

The Boure Ultimatum. That game is pretty awesome. I played the demo and I liked it a lot...I really enjoyed myself and I think it was amazing especially for a movie game...

But I think they should start making games into movies...Why make new story lines when you could use one already created for you and just make the special effects amazing???
Back to top Go down
Nate
Management
Management
Nate

Movie games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie games   Movie games Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 5:15 pm

Ah! You got me, that game is good. I was thinking about this one that just came out, The Bourne Conspiracy. It just looks "ok" to me. Maybe I'll change my mind, maybe somebody should prove me wrong by writing a review. Its much better than the average write off of a movie game though. And the best movie game of all time...has to be 007. That series defies every argument about bad movie games.
Back to top Go down
th3_void
th3_void

Number of posts : 421
Console : Xbox, Xbox 360, PC, NES, Atari, Genesis
Favorite Game : The first two F.E.A.R. games, and Bioshock
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Movie games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie games   Movie games Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 2:52 am

I would say the 007 games, the Star Wars games (FORCE UNLEASHED!! I CANT WAIT!!!), and the Lord of the Rings games are really good, but they have good developers. They aren't just another excuse to make money.

And about games made into movies, I totally agree. I just finished watching both of the Mortal Kombat and Tomb Raider (Angelina Jolie + an awesome video game = one awesome movie) movies this weekend. Those movies are just awesome!
Back to top Go down
Nate
Management
Management
Nate

Movie games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie games   Movie games Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 4:09 am

Yeah, the games with exceptions like Bond and Star Wars, etc, you're right: good developers. Star Wars is Lucas Arts I think, and that's enough right there to make a great game. I'm not a big Star Wars fan (all right, not at all) but Force Unleashed caught my eye.
Back to top Go down
th3_void
th3_void

Number of posts : 421
Console : Xbox, Xbox 360, PC, NES, Atari, Genesis
Favorite Game : The first two F.E.A.R. games, and Bioshock
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Movie games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie games   Movie games Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 12:00 pm

WellSpent187 wrote:
And about games made into movies, I totally agree. I just finished watching both of the Mortal Kombat and Tomb Raider (Angelina Jolie + an awesome video game = one awesome movie) movies this weekend. Those movies are just awesome!

You only say that because you dig the scenery! lol![/quote]

Well, I think it's hard to miss the "scenery" in that movie..................oh, sorry. I started thinking about someone- I mean, someTHING else there...

But out of the two, I definately prefer the Mortal Kombat movies. I mean, since they were made in the 90's, the graphics aren't amazing (I mean, Goro reminds me more of a Ninja Turtle than the crazy tough guy he's supposed to be. Not that Ninja Turtles are bad, but Goro shouldn't look like one lol), and the acting wasn't always great, it was still an awesome movie, though.

I think we kind of reversed Nate's original topic, so I guess we should go back to that. I'll make another topic for this.

But yeah, LucasArts is great for making games. I forgot to add that the Indiana Jones games are really good, too.
Back to top Go down
WellSpent187
WellSpent187

Number of posts : 192
Favorite Game : Black
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Movie games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie games   Movie games Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 5:25 pm

Oh yeah...

I loved the Indy games...

(can I use Indy or do I have to be a hot blond chick in distress?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Movie games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie games   Movie games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movie games
Page 1 of 1