Xbox 360 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox 360 Forums, Game Reviews & More

X3F AracdeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kane And Lynch: Dead Men

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WellSpent187
WellSpent187

Number of posts : 192
Console : Xbox 360
Favorite Game : Black
My GamerTag : 0
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Kane And Lynch: Dead Men Empty
PostSubject: Kane And Lynch: Dead Men   Kane And Lynch: Dead Men Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 4:10 pm

You are Adam Marcus, an ex member of The7, the most ruthless, powerful mercenary group in the world. Your alias is "kane", you have been found guilty of the manslaughter of 25 Venezuelan citizens. You are sentenced to death row and are awaiting transportation.

When the game starts, you are writing a letter to your daughter, Jenny, from your cell and you explain a little bit of what happened and who you are. As you are being transported a man leans over to you and asks you to cover your head. The next thing you know, he jumped on top of you and the van crashed. The crazy, gun blazing, suicide missions start from here on.....Don't expect a break, especially on morphine (the hardest difficulty).

The gameplay in this game is good. Although the AI could have been a lot better (Imagine the marines in Halo1 when they would yell grenade and stand there), I think the squad was really cool. You were able to issue commands to your crew and it made the game a lot more tactical. You would have to position them to do a lot of the dirty work and cover them from a few yards back on a lot of the missions. However, the shooting is difficult. The automatic rifles (especially the M249, which is understand able. And the M16, which surprised me.) are very hard to keep steady. Short controlled bursts are the only way to shoot anything that your aiming for.

It is definitely worth $60 though. The game was rather short but still, worth it. It takes rated M to the max with the amount of cursing, blood, and content in the game. (even in GTA, I've never shot so many cops!) The ending is terrible. Its set up perfectly for a part 2 but it was suck a cliffhanger. I wanted to strangle someone after I beat it on both alternate ending. I felt deprived of an explanation.

Nevertheless, I still would have to give the game a 7.0. The potential is so high but the outcome on part one makes me sad. Part two will have a lot of work to do to make the game into a "Call Of Duty" but the possibility of a great game is there.........
Back to top Go down
MaxPayne
MaxPayne

Number of posts : 559
Console : XBOX 360
Favorite Game : MAXPAYNE 1 & 2

PostSubject: Re: Kane And Lynch: Dead Men   Kane And Lynch: Dead Men Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 5:31 pm

I really did like this game. It does need alot of polishing and with some work could be a very good game. I agree with the weapons, I flet like I was shooting everywhere but the person I was trying to hit...lol even short control burts were a struggle but never the less it was still fun. I also like the fact that you can position your crew like Freedom Fighters. And I also liked the levels as well. From what I hear part 2 is already in the works so we will see.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MaxPaynerunningshitin08.com
WellSpent187
WellSpent187

PostSubject: Re: Kane And Lynch: Dead Men   Kane And Lynch: Dead Men Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 12:47 am

Yeah. The online is pretty fun 2 play but could get repetitive after a while........Thats the only section of the game I'm not really familiar with so try it out for yourselves if you want a solid opinion............
Back to top Go down
Nate
Management
Management
Nate

Number of posts : 649
Favorite Game : Oblivion
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Kane And Lynch: Dead Men   Kane And Lynch: Dead Men Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 6:59 pm

Nice review. I just played it for the first time, it's impressive, but some parts of it make me feel like it's "just another shooter".

I would love to see an improved sequel.
Back to top Go down
https://xbox360forum.forumotion.net
MaxPayne
MaxPayne

PostSubject: Re: Kane And Lynch: Dead Men   Kane And Lynch: Dead Men Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 9:58 pm

Yeah I like the game a lot but I think if they do have a part two they have a lot of things they can improve on to make a hit. Overall I did enjoy it. After all it was co-op....LOL
Back to top Go down
efiwiuefh
Forum Visitor
Forum Visitor

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Kane And Lynch: Dead Men   Kane And Lynch: Dead Men Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 12:03 pm

I have to agree that this is a good game, still haven't finished with it? I thought that the guns were hard to keep steady. I got annoyed a phew times with the recoil on most guns. :PBut still a great game!
Back to top Go down
MaxPayne
MaxPayne

PostSubject: Re: Kane And Lynch: Dead Men   Kane And Lynch: Dead Men Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 1:18 pm

Forgot my brother reviewed this game...lol

We need a part 2!!
Back to top Go down
WellSpent187
WellSpent187

PostSubject: Re: Kane And Lynch: Dead Men   Kane And Lynch: Dead Men Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 6:36 pm

Haha...Thanks everyone for the complements...I'm going to do another review but I want to see which would be the best. Here are games I'm interested in. GRAW, Moto GP 07,Burnout Revenge, Fight Night Round 3, and if anyone is interested, I would like to review a classic, available on the market place. BLACK. Its a original XBOX game but none the less its sweet. If I reviewed it would it matter to anyone? Thanks for input...
Back to top Go down
Nate
Management
Management
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Kane And Lynch: Dead Men   Kane And Lynch: Dead Men Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 9:20 pm

Sounds like a good lineup of reviews. Man I loved Black. I beat the hell outta that game when I had my trusty PS2 lol
Back to top Go down
WellSpent187
WellSpent187

PostSubject: Re: Kane And Lynch: Dead Men   Kane And Lynch: Dead Men Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 9:27 pm

Haha! I'm so doing a black review hopefully done by tonight!

Idk. I'm almost going to beat it again (I barely remember the story line and why not right?)

I'm on the bridge so I've got a few missions to go =D
Back to top Go down
Nate
Management
Management
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Kane And Lynch: Dead Men   Kane And Lynch: Dead Men Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 2:17 pm

Instant classic. Every aspect of the game is just so damn fun!!
Back to top Go down
WellSpent187
WellSpent187

PostSubject: Re: Kane And Lynch: Dead Men   Kane And Lynch: Dead Men Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 4:16 pm

Yup...I'm almost done with it so it'll be up maybe tonight I hope...

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kane And Lynch: Dead Men   Kane And Lynch: Dead Men Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kane And Lynch: Dead Men
Page 1 of 1