Xbox 360 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox 360 Forums, Game Reviews & More

X3F AracdeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Police academy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nate
Management
Management
Nate

Number of posts : 649
Console : Xbox 360
Favorite Game : Oblivion
My GamerTag : 0
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Police academy Empty
PostSubject: Police academy   Police academy Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 9:26 am

As some of you might already know, I am a security guard and have completed some college courses pertaining to law enforcement. In other words my ultimate career goal is to obtain the badge of the police officer. Every day I get closer to my goal.

I am making the move down to Milwaukee, WI from my current location in north western WI, this August. On Friday, July 25th I was in Milwaukee for a briefing at the police academy. This gave me a chance to try my hand at their obstacle course (or PAT: physical ability test). I copied the following text from my myspace blog regarding the police academy.

As a few of you may know, I am currently going through the hiring process with Milwaukee Police Department. I had a briefing in Milwaukee Friday, which included a chance to practice the PAT (physical ability test). The actual test is this Monday. I attempted the police academy obstacle course just once. The required time to pass the test was 3:23; I ran the course in 2:15:37. I'm hoping I can produce very similar results on Monday. The only event I got caught up on during the obstacle course was clearing a 5 ft wall. I did it fine, without practice, but with more practice I feel as though I could do it in less than a second.

The Barrier: There was something resembling a small balance beam placed 2 feet off the ground. Applicants were required to get through it the quickest way possible. As I approached the barrier, I hit the floor, did a half roll and was on my feet in less than 2 seconds.

The PAT is already my favorite aspect of the hiring process!! I can't wait to do this test for real and continue on with this hiring process.
Back to top Go down
https://xbox360forum.forumotion.net
WellSpent187
WellSpent187

Number of posts : 192
Console : Xbox 360
Favorite Game : Black
My GamerTag : 0
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Police academy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police academy   Police academy Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:25 pm

Thats awesome Nate. I wish you luck but is 2:15:37 an awesome time? I'm sure its good but what were the times of some other people? Are you as fast as one of the Kenyans from the olympics or what? Lol....

Jp...
Back to top Go down

Police academy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Xbox 360 Forum :: X3F Community Forum :: Chit-Chat-
Jump to: