Xbox 360 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox 360 Forums, Game Reviews & More

X3F AracdeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Turning Point demo

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nate
Management
Management
Nate

Number of posts : 649
Console : Xbox 360
Favorite Game : Oblivion
My GamerTag : 0
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Turning Point demo Empty
PostSubject: Turning Point demo   Turning Point demo Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 3:13 am

I just tried the Turning Point demo.

WWII setting, everything up until about 1940 or so..? Winston Churchill dies, basically reshaping history. The game starts while you're standing on girders in a building being constructed, and dozens of bombers fly overhead and take out New York City.

I played for about 20 minutes and quit because I found myself getting bored. Yes, bored.

This isn't Call of Duty 4, people. The game has ok ideas, but I find it extremely hard to believe that this runs on the Unreal Engine..?!

No way. I thought I was playing a PS2 game. Nothing, in my 20 minutes of playing, proved to me that this is a next-gen game. It just got annoying..

Bad shooting. Using iron sights on an old WWII rifle is bad enough, but I couldn't hit ANYTHING from roughly 20 yards away. Trying for a simple headshot with a rifle when all you can see is a head is out of the question. The weapon jumps and the controller shakes like mad.

Bad graphics. No, seriously..not even close to subpar. I don't know what I was expecting, but this is a game I was looking forward to. Looks like I wait until EndWar, and get a real war game Very Happy

Based on what the demo showed me, even a 5.5/10 might be too generous.
Back to top Go down
https://xbox360forum.forumotion.net
efiwiuefh
Forum Visitor
Forum Visitor

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Turning Point demo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning Point demo   Turning Point demo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 1:13 pm

Terrible game. Don't buy it.
I rented this, and regreted that I didn't rent something else.
Back to top Go down
MaxPayne
MaxPayne

Number of posts : 559
Console : XBOX 360
Favorite Game : MAXPAYNE 1 & 2
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Turning Point demo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning Point demo   Turning Point demo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 1:19 pm

Brother said it basically sucked...lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.MaxPaynerunningshitin08.com
efiwiuefh
Forum Visitor
Forum Visitor

Turning Point demo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning Point demo   Turning Point demo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 1:57 pm

Indeed, everything about it was useless, I nearly raged and kicked the xbox it was such a waste of money. I was thinking it'd be such a good game, as I've always liked Historical shooters, like MOH on the PS2. But this is a disgrace to the Xbox. Shame on you Developers of Turning Point!
Back to top Go down
Nate
Management
Management
Nate

Turning Point demo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning Point demo   Turning Point demo Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 3:37 pm

As I said in my review of the pointless demo. Lol.

All historic shooters to me, have gotten REALLY old. This one is just annoying. They could put this game on "Wii", and make all the characters weeble wobbles with no legs.

Yes, I'm very anti-Wii.
Back to top Go down
efiwiuefh
Forum Visitor
Forum Visitor

Turning Point demo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning Point demo   Turning Point demo Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 2:43 pm

I love the Wii. I love it! Just the fact that it's "Excersising" that's great. It actually makes the sad Chineese "Nintendo" gamers that play 24/7 sound healthy! And cool! < Which they aren't Razz
Back to top Go down
Nate
Management
Management
Nate

Turning Point demo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning Point demo   Turning Point demo Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 2:08 am

The fact that it makes you exercise is cool. Revolutionary.

But in my book, the Wii is not a current generation console. It cannot support sophisticated games with photo realistic graphics. All current gen games should be able to do that. But I guess Nintendo knows what they're doing. Wii has sold more consoles than any console out there. So I guess its keeping people in shape. Great. But you won't be seeing one take the place of my 360.
Back to top Go down
WellSpent187
WellSpent187

Number of posts : 192
Favorite Game : Black
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Turning Point demo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning Point demo   Turning Point demo Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 6:40 pm

Wow. Don't get me started on that game. It almost as horrible gameplay as DOOM lol. (yeah, great classic but face it, knowing what we know now, that game sucks lol...but then again so will COD4 to our kids lol...)

It makes me made put the real disappointment if you ask me. Is Fuel Of War...

That game could have been amazing. It had a sweet story line, great concept, cool gadgets but the gameplay was so terrible I wanted to cry... Sad
Back to top Go down
Bob
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Bob

Number of posts : 200
Favorite Game : Final Fantasy 7
Registration date : 2008-01-07

Turning Point demo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning Point demo   Turning Point demo Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 6:30 pm

dude in putting down the doom you have sacrificed some cool points! (joke!... but dont let me catch you doing it again...)

this game is so terrible ts almost a challenge to those good at games i rented it and found this game harder then halo 3 on legendary so if you want to test your patience then at least give it a try for that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Turning Point demo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning Point demo   Turning Point demo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turning Point demo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Xbox 360 Forum :: Xbox 360 Games :: Hot Xbox 360 Games-
Jump to: